Reach for the Stars
Applications must be submitted by June 5, 2023 for consideration
Sister to Sister International, Inc. is proud to announce our 2023 “Reach for the Stars” Scholarship Awards Program. The primary thrust of our higher education scholarships is to award students who have not received top academic honors and/or traditional financial assistance. We want to ensure that the families who are in most need will have an opportunity for support. This year we will reward several students in memory of Delores Hinds for students pursuing careers in Nursing/Science Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math (STEAM), and in remembrance of Anthony Taylor, we will reward one student pursuing a career in the Arts.
• African American/Black
• Rising college freshman who is graduating from high school and has enrolled in a university, college, or vocational school (trade school) for this upcoming fall.
• Continuing students enrolled in a college, university, or vocational school (trade school).
• Member of a family whose total income does not exceed $100,000 per year.
• Applicants may be asked to provide income verification.
• Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 or higher.
• Submit a written essay on the theme, “Reach for the Stars.”
• Applicants will be contacted to undergo a mandatory interview.
• Recipients must be present at the STEAM Camp graduation ceremony in order to receive the scholarship.
1. All parts of the application (Forms A, B, & C) must be completed and submitted by the deadline. They can be completed at separate times but all must be completed by the deadline; an incomplete application will delay the process and can potentially negatively impact your opportunity to be awarded.
2. All parts of the application should be completed online.
3. Upload and submit official school transcript and proof of enrollment or acceptance letter to a college/vocational school for the Fall of 2023 in Form B of the application.
4. Upload and submit a 500-word essay on the theme “Reach for The Stars” depicting future goals in Form B of the application.
5. The two letters of recommendation (preferably from a teacher/professor, minister, employer, or community leader) should be uploaded and submitted directly by the recommender in Form C by the deadline.
Applications must be postmarked by June 5, 2023 for consideration.
For additional information and to confirm receipt of your application or inquire about our Academic Enrichment Scholarships, please call (914) 207-0368 and leave a message with your contact information or by email at email@example.com
Scholarship and Education Committee Members:
Brenda Bracey, Co-Chairperson
Angela Campbell Ed.D, Co-Chairperson
Germaine Scott & Zelda Strong-Diaz-Board Co-Chairs
Cheryl Brannan, Founder & CEO